Manage sites can be found in the user profile menu.
You can view and edit all sites and their statuses on this page.
You can filter sites by Public, Private, Unlisted, Deactivated, or All. The default filter is Active.
- All - All sites, including Active and Deactivated sites.
- Active - Active sites.
- Public - Sites that can be accessed and followed by everyone in the organization. Public sites are visible in the All sites index.
- Private - Only Site members and System admins have access to Private sites. Users need to request approval to join. Private sites are visible in the All sites index.
- Unlisted - These sites are only visible and accessible by Site members and employees with Unlisted Site Administrator permission. Unlisted sites do not appear in the All sites index. Public or Private sites cannot be converted to Unlisted sites.
- Deactivated - Sites that have been deactivated by the Site owner.
From the dropdown Options menu, you can:
- Click View, in which case you're navigated to the site
- Click Edit, in which case you're navigated to the Manage sites page
- Update the Site Category
- Change whether a site is Public, Private or Unlisted (make Public/make Private)
- Revert to Chatter group
- Deactivate or activate a site
You can also click on the Add site button to add a new site from this page.
App managers can create categories for different types of sites. For example, if you have a Payroll site and a Benefit site, since they're both HR-related, you can create an “HR” category and assign the sites to this category. Once the HR category is created, users can select “HR” in the site index page to find all HR related sites.
To create a site category, click on Add category and enter the category name. You are now given the option to select who can add sites to the new category. Select Anyone can add sites to this category to allow all users to add sites, or Only app managers can add sites to this category to allow only App managers.
Once you've created all the categories, you can assign existing sites to the appropriate category by clicking on the Options dropdown menu in the Sites page, click Update category next to the site, then assign the category.
To assign multiple sites to the same category, check the boxes under Options, click the Bulk action dropdown, select Update category and click Apply. Select the appropriate category, then click Save.
You can create a duplicate of a site by going to Manage Sites > Sites and clicking the dropdown under Options.
- Site setup settings
- Site cover image
- Site dashboard layout
- Site carousel layout
- Optionally, site dashboard tiles (with some exception)
- Optionally, site page categories
Duplication does not include:
- Content from the original site
- File storage connection from the original site
- External apps connection from the original site
- Subscriptions associated to the original site
- Site members of the original site
- Custom content tile
- Image tiles
- Video tiles where videos are uploaded locally
- Site cover images greater than 6MB
- Site image
Note: If a site is duplicated by a user that isn’t an app manager, and the original site category is only manageable by app managers, the duplicated site’s new category will be ‘Uncategorized.’