Table of Contents
Which people data integrations are supported by Simpplr?
Simpplr natively integrates with the following people data sources for user provisioning and syncing. Click each link to see full setup documentation for those sources:
Simpplr also integrates with 50+ HRIS systems through a third party connection. Below is a list of integrations that Simpplr currently supports for provisioning and syncing, and the steps to get started connecting your people data.
Note:All 50+ applications supported by Simpplr will have very similar, if not, exactly the same setup flow. The prerequisite details (Subdomain name, API Key, Client ID) will be required from the HRIS system. We recommend having your people data admin present when connecting the systems.
To get started connecting your HRIS system to Simpplr:
- As the App manager, navigate to Manage > Application > Integrations > People data. Click Add integration to open the modal.
- A list of each available app will open with its icon. Here you can search for your specific vendor, or scroll to find it. The apps are listed alphabetically.
- Once you've selected the right app, you'll be redirected, where you can complete the integration process by providing the prerequisite details (subdomain name, API Key, Client ID) and receive a successful integration confirmation message. You will need to retrieve the prerequisite details from the app's admin page if you do not have them already.
- In addition to the above table of vendors, this link has instructions for how to retrieve this information form each applicable vendor. Note that these documents are frequently updated, and each vendor may change its processes at any time. We recommend checking out these articles often to ensure everything still works accordingly.
- The newly added syncing source will now appear in the People data menu, where it can be edited or disabled.
- Staying in the Manage > Application menu, head to the People tab and select User provisioning or User syncing, depending on the action you want to perform. Choose your HRIS system as the source.
- Map the appropriate fields you'd like to use for data syncing. There are a number of standard options, as well as the ability to choose custom fields. First name, department and division fields can be synced as custom fields as of the 23.12 release. When finished mapping, click Save.
- For user provisioning, you'll need to decide whether to create new users in Simpplr/your intranet, or not create them.
- If you're adding new users via provisioning, you'll then choose what profile type your users are given. Select Standard user to provide users with the right Simpplr license.
- Optionally, input a username suffix.
- Check the profile details and default details you'd like mapped from the source.
- Choose whether or not your users should receive a password setup email upon provisioning so they can gain access to the intranet. These emails will come from Salesforce if selected. If your organization uses SSO to log users in, select Don't send emails.
- Finally, decide whether or not users should be deactivated form the intranet upon deactivation in the source HRIS platform.
- The user syncing scheduler within Simpplr runs on a daily basis with an option to run immediately. If you want to manually sync, head to Setup > Schedulers and run the SchedulerSimpplrServices option. Please note that any updates made at the vendor's end may take up to three hours to synchronize, as the vendor will first sync the user information before updating it in Simpplr.
Q: How is connecting a syncing source through the third party connector different than the native integrations Simpplr offers (Google Workspace, Okta, UKG Pro, Salesforce, Workday, Azure)?
A: There is no difference, as all our integrations allow you to sync people data between Simpplr and HRIS partners, eliminating duplication. With nightly data updates, your intranet stays up-to-date. The only difference lies in the integration process, which is a one-time task for App manager.
Q: Is there an extra charge for using my people data connection source?
A: No, there is not extra charge for this feature. It is not an add-on product, and will be available for all customers.
Q: Can I customize the data mappings and sync settings for my integration?
A: Yes! You'll need to go to Manage > Application > People > User syncing where you can add up to 25 standard fields and create an additional 25 custom fields.
Q: Are there any prerequisites required for setting up my HRIS source as an integration?
A: Yes, you need to have admin access to the HRIS vendor account to configure the integration. For vendor-specific details, please refer to this link.