Connect your environment’s people data to Azure Active Directory
Users who are the Active Directory Group Admins and have Salesforce System admin access can perform the following steps to select Azure Active Directory as the source for Simpplr's People data:
- Go to Manage > Application > Integrations > People Data.
- Select the Active Directory checkbox to connect using admin credentials.
- After signing into the source account with admin credentials, your source account will be connected and you'll be redirected back to Simpplr. You'll now see the option to Disconnect account next to the selected source account.
select Active Directory for connection
Set up Active Directory user attribute syncing
If your environment is connected to Azure Active Directory, system admins will be able to sync user attributes from Azure Active Directory:
- Go to Manage App > People > User Syncing.
- Select Active Directory as the syncing source.
- Select which fields you want to sync between Azure Active Directory and Simpplr.
- To sync user people data, run ScheduleSimpplrServices. This job is pre-scheduled to run once a day, but can be run on-demand.
selecting fields to sync between Azure Active Directory and Simpplr
Batch sync and provision Simpplr people data with Azure Active Directory
Once your environment is connected to Azure Active Directory, and Active Directory is selected as the People data source, system admins are ready to batch sync and/or provision People data in Simpplr with Active Directory's source data:
- Go to Manage App > Setup > Schedulers.
- To provision users on-demand, run ScheduleHourlySimpplrServices. This job is pre-scheduled to run every three hours, but can be run on-demand.
- To sync user people data on-demand, run ScheduleSimpplrServices. This job is pre-scheduled to run once a day, but can be run on-demand.
- Simpplr People data will be automatically synced or provisioned accordingly.
options for a batch job under Schedulers