All Simpplr data is stored in Salesforce, which allows you to easily export and back up information at any time.
System admins can manually create or schedule backup of Simpplr Custom Objects in Salesforce. To do so:
- Go to Salesforce Setup, and from the Quick Find box, type in Data Export. Click Data Export.
- To immediately export content, click Export Now. Or to schedule an export, click Schedule Export.
- From the next page, ensure the two boxes are checked for Include images, documents and attachments and Include Salesforce Files and Salesforce CRM Content document versions. This will ensure that all files your org has uploaded to Simpplr over time will be included in the export. For instructions on how to fetch the exported files, check out this Salesforce article.
- Set the parameters you want and scroll down to Exported data. Select all checkboxes with labels containing "Simpplr"__" or only certain data points you'd like to export. Otherwise, at the top of the list, select Include all data. Note it's much easier to do a complete export, then search through the .zip file to find the data files you want to see in the export.
- Click Save and download the .zip file containing your data. If you download immediately, it may take some time for the complete file to be ready, depending on the amount of data you're exporting.