Digest emails consist of:
- Feed posts from people you follow
- Feed posts from sites you follow or are a member of (including the sites you own and manage)
- Feed posts you have replied on
- Feed posts you have been @mentioned in
- Your own feed posts
App managers can choose to automate a daily or weekly digest email to users' email address. These emails will be sent to users' inboxes on a reoccurring basis by default. End users can also set their own preferences for how often they want to receive the emails in the Edit profile & settings section.
The daily digest emails are automated by Simpplr, and contain up to 10 feed posts based on sites you follow or are a member of and people you follow. The weekly digest contains up to 20 feed posts, also under the same parameters.
The digest emails will only contain new or updated feed posts (received replies) from the previous day (for Daily) or week (Weekly), which is why they may not contain a full 10 or 20 posts.
App managers and System admins have the ability to determine how often users receive this email. To set it up:
- Go to the user menu and click Manage > Application > Defaults > Summaries & digests.
- Set the occurrence to however often you want users to receive the email. Then scroll down and click Save.
You can choose to receive daily or weekly summaries of recent activity.
The scheduler for daily digest emails runs at 12:40 A.M. according to the time zone of the System admin or App manager who set up the scheduler. The scheduler for weekly digest runs at 12:40 A.M. on Monday.
If there are no updates during the day, the user will not receive the daily digest email.
If you're an End user of the intranet, you can set how often you'd like to receive the emails by going to your user profile and clicking Profile & settings > Edit profile & settings > Notifications > Summaries & digests. Here you can choose Never, Daily or Weekly. Once finished, scroll down and click Save.