Some organizations have employees who do not have a company email address or are not included in the SSO for the org. If that's the case, they can still get access to the Simpplr mobile app.
As the System admin with access to Salesforce, follow the instructions below to create logins for your non-email team members.
- Provision users with a CSV file.
- Once users are provisioned, go to Salesforce and create an Active User report. Sort your report by adding the Created date filter. The most recent users will appear at the top. They should all have a created date of today, or whichever date you provisioned these users via CSV.
- You need the User ID of the users you created today (making sure they are non-email users). You can export the report by clicking on the Export Details button and save it as a CSV.
- Open the CSV file. Copy the User IDs of the correct users. Again, be sure the created date for your users is the current day.
- Create a new Excel file, paste the User IDs to column B.
- In column A of the CSV file, enter System.setPassword(' to all the cells next to the User ID. For example, if you have 6 User IDs, enter System.setPassword(' from cell A1 to A6.
- In column C, enter ', 'CompanyPassword'); to all the cells next to User ID. For example, if you have 6 User IDs, enter ', 'CompanyPassword'); from cell C1 to C6. Note this password can be anything you'd like. It doesn't have to be the example here. You can also choose to enter a unique password in these fields for each user. It's just easier to have the same password. This cell value is what the user's password will be upon first logging in. They will be forced to change it upon first login.
- Enter =TEXTJOIN( ,,,A1:C1) in cell D1. Double click on the corner of cell D1. Excel should automatically copy the formula to the last cell.
- Your file should look like this:
- Go back to the Salesforce report screen. Click on your name at the top and go to Developer Console.
- Click on Debug > Open Execute Anonymous Window.
- Copy and paste column D to the Enter Apex Code window, then click Execute. This will set all the new users’ passwords to the password you set in column C of your CSV file.