To run an Active User Report in Salesforce, you'll need to have system admin access. To get started:
From the Home page of your Salesforce instance that Simpplr is built on, click the Plus(+) icon at the top of the page.
- Scroll down until you see Reports and click.
- From the search bar in the All Folders section, type Active Users. Then select Sample Report: Active Users.
- From here you can save, download, print, customize or export the report however you'd like.
To view a list of active users in your Simpplr/Salesforce environment:
- Navigate to Setup from your Salesforce instance. From the Quick Find box, type Users.
- From the filter box, you can view Active Users, or switch to Admin Users, Standard Users, etc.
Note:When you view Admin Users, only the ones with a checkbox in the Active section are currently using a license. Salesforce will list active, as well as inactive Admins.
Hi Matthew! I successfully ran an active user report in SF, but I cannot find the "Manager" field in the list of fields to add to the active user report. The list of fields I can drag and drop includes every single other field in the "user" view, but not the "Manager" field. Is there a reason why, or is there a way I can add this to the list of fields so I can see it in the report? Thanks in advance!
Hey Jeanine. Are you looking to find a list of people managers for your org, or Site managers within the intranet? Depending on which, this will actually be a separate report you run in Salesforce. the workflow is the same, but you'll choose a different report type to run.
Hi Matthew, I'm looking for a report that includes people managers (not site owners/managers). The active user report in SF gives me everything I need except for that. So I need a report that includes first name, last name, title, department, division, email address, and manager.
UPDATE: I followed the same path and found the active user profile report - and that's exactly what I needed...thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.