Note:This information is only applicable to users upgrading to the Cerro release or newer. All releases later than Cerro will include a service account setup during your implementation.
If you're upgrading to Cerro or later, you'll need to have a service account created in your Salesforce instance in order to make the Simpplr platform accessible to the users in your organization. Until the service account is created and connected, only System admins can access Simpplr platform.
You'll also want to make sure you have the available license required to set up the service account.
What is a service account?
A Simpplr service account is essentially a new user in your Salesforce platform. This account receives System admin permissions, and is given an email address to which Simpplr's services and jobs will coordinate. For example, Simpplr's schedulers will be mapped per this service account.
This allows for system continuity should the System admin user(s) ever leave the organization. This service account is not tied a particular user's email address, rather a new email address your company assigns to Salesforce.
Create a service account
- The first step is contacting Simpplr Support and letting them know you're ready to upgrade to the latest release.
- As a System admin, go to your Salesforce instance and from the Setup menu, type Users into the Quick Find box.
- Click New User.
- Assign the following attributes to the new user:
- First Name: Simpplr
- Last Name: Service Account
- Email: This can be any email you choose. It should a shared email address that the IT and Executive teams have access to.
- Username: simpplr.serviceaccount@[yourcompany].com
- User License: Salesforce
- Profile: System Administrator
- The Alias and Nickname fields will autofill. Leave them as is.
- Your finished user account should resemble the image below.
- Scroll down and click Save.
Note:Ensure your System Administrator profile in Salesforce has the following Admin System Permissions assigned at the Profile level:
- Modify All Data
- Manage Unlisted Groups
- API Enabled
- Moderate Chatter
- Modify Metadata Through Metadata API Functions
- Manage Flow
- Customize Application
- Manage Custom Permissions
Now you need to make your service account an App manager within Simpplr. To do so:
- From your user profile menu, go to Manage > Manage application > Setup and click the Privileges section.
- Scroll down to Application manager and type "Service account" in the box to add your newly created service account as an App manager. Then scroll down and click Save.
- Log out of Simpplr.
- Simpplr will receive an email to the email address (email@example.com) that you entered in Salesforce when creating the service account user. Click Verify account in the email, set up a password, and choose an answer to the security question.
Note:You cannot use the Login as feature in Salesforce to complete service account tasks. You must log in directly to the service account without simultaneously being logged in as another user.
Update Service Account with New Email and Password
If you ever need to change the service account email and password:
- Head back to the user the same way you did in the steps above and change the email address to what you want. DO NOT change the username.
- Scroll down tot the bottom and check the box next to Generate new password and notify user immediately. Then click Save.An email will be sent to the address you just added to reset the password.
Please sign in to leave a comment.