Use this walkthrough for general Simpplr setup in Salesforce:
- Intranet Name
- Session Timeout
- Content Types
- Blog Posts
- Report a Problem Emails
- Push Notifications
- Social Campaigns
- Mobile Security
This is the name of your intranet. It will appear throughout the intranet, including associated emails and the browser tab.
Set the maximum length of time a user can be inactive.
if the user has Salesforce open in the same browser, the Session-Timeout settings in Salesforce will override this setting.
There is also the option to enter a specific URL for the User to be directed to once they have been logged out.
Here you can select which languages are available for users.You can choose one or more of the following:
- English (US)
- English (UK)
These languages will only be available if they are set in Salesforce too. English (US), French and Spanish are enabled in Salesforce by default, but English (UK) will need to be enabled manually. To do this go to Salesforce > Setup > Company Profile > Language Settings.
- English (UK) is one of the end-user languages, so first, click that check-box at the top of the section
- The end-user languages will then appear as Available Languages in the left-hand column in the section below. Select ‘English (UK)’, then click ‘Add’ to include it in the Displayed Languages.
- Click Save.
Once a language is selected in Manage App > Setup > General > Languages:
- All users who have this language set in their user data (stored in Salesforce) will automatically start seeing the app in the language
- This can be changed for individual employees by going to Profile & Settings > Language
- Only the languages enabled in Manage App > Setup > General > Languages will be available as options here
- Updating the language in Simpplr will also update the setting in Salesforce
- If only one language is selected we will override all user's language preferences with that language
- If the language set in the user data is not one of the available languages in Simpplr we will revert to the first checked language (the language in Salesforce will not be changed unless the user updates the language in Simpplr)
Choose which content types will be available across the intranet. At least one content type must be enabled. When disabling a content type, no content is deleted and can be recovered by re-enabling.
Blog Posts are not contained within sites. They allow employees to add their own ideas in a longer format than the feed. Blog Posts can be enabled or disabled, or set so that only influencers can create them.
'Report a problem...' Emails
In the footer of each page is a 'Report a problem...' link, allowing employees to leave feedback. Add email addresses of the people who should receive this feedback.
Push notifications are shown on the employee's mobile phone screens. Select whether these notifications are enabled for the Native & Hybrid mobile apps. Once enabled, employees will be able to update their notification preferences in My Settings.
Events can be added directly to employees' calendars. Select which calendars are available. If no calendars are selected then the Add to Calendar link will not appear on Events.
Social campaigns allows your organization to promote itself through your employees' social media accounts. Add a link to your social campaigns index to help your employees understand any relevant policies surrounding sharing company information.
App managers can require users to enter a passcode (or biometric equivalent determined by the device) each time the native mobile app is accessed. This is supplementary to existing login/SSO authentication requirements.
Provide a link to your app download page. If this field is left blank, the download option won't appear in the Footer.