Note:The reason users receive Chatter emails is due to a bug in Salesforce. By default, your Simpplr/Salesforce org has Chatter emails turned off, but the bug causes unexpected emails to be sent to various Site managers when content is created that contains images. The steps below are a workaround intended to stop the bug from occurring. However, you can also work with your IT team to block Chatter emails from your email server if you'd rather.
We highly recommend having someone who's familiar with the Salesforce interface complete these steps. The user must be your org's System admin.
- As the System admin, navigate to your Salesforce instance. To do so, remove everything after .com from your Simpplr url and hit Enter.
- From Setup (the gear icon in Salesforce Lightning interface as shown below), type Email settings into the Quick Find box and select.
- From Chatter Email Settings, check the box next to Allow Emails and click Save.
- Keep your Salesforce window open and navigate back to Simpplr in a separate tab. Note, you must be a System admin to complete these steps.
- From your user menu, go to Manage > Application > Email. Then scroll down to Chatter emails.
- Choose Off for selected profiles and type into the box Simpplr User and System Administrator. Then click Save.
- Navigate back to your open Salesforce window and from the Quick Find box, type in Apex jobs and select.
- Here, you're just looking to make sure the job ran correctly.
You should see it reflected at the top of the list of completed jobs. Ensure the job was completed, then in the Quick Find box, type email settings and head back to the Email Settings page.
- Uncheck the Allow Emails box and click Save.
- Now head back to Simpplr in your other tab and go to Manage > Application > Email. Scroll down and select Off for all profiles. Then click Save. Your users will no longer receive Chatter emails.
What should the completed job look like? I'm not seeing anything that looks like it's a job that impacts email...
Hi Todd! For the completed Apex job, you should see the Submitted Date column reflect the date you performed the action. Then over in the Apex Method column, it should be titled something similar to setChatterEmailSettingsForUsers. I've included a sample image below Step 8 in the above article.
This is a terrible product experience--we've done this multiple times but the setting on step 6 is already on "off for selected profiles" so not sure if what we're doing is making a difference. We noticed though that it's always happening for new users.
After completing all these (convoluted) steps, should we be going back into Simpplr App and changing the Settings of Chatter Emails back to Off for all Profiles? Seems non-intuitive to have it off for Selected Profiles only. We don't want the chatter emails full stop - they are confusing for all our staff, old and new.
Hi Claire. Apologies for the convoluted steps here. I added some clarifying info to the article, but it's worth noting that the reason this is required is actually due to a bug in Salesforce. By default, our system is not meant to send Chatter emails, and the steps here act as a workaround until Salesforce can fix this bug.
For steps 1-3, do we do this as the user having trouble or as an admin?
The System admin will need to perform all the steps here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.