Branded apps are Android, iPhone, or iPad apps developed to meet an organization’s specific business needs. They are distributed privately and securely to members of the organization through Apple Business Manager, MDM/Google EMM, or any other EMM.
Mobile teams submit branded apps through Google Play or App Store Connect. Then the customers can assign those apps to the Apple Business Manager, MDM/Google EM, or any other EMM account. Once approved, they are available to the organization so that only the assigned employees can view and access them.
Creating a branded app
To create the Custom/Branded app, we require some details:
- Apple Business account
- App name
- App icon
- Splash and other screens (optional)
- Theme color
- Web screenshot
Apple Business Account
- The Apple Business Manager org ID and name can be found under Settings > Enroll information in the ABM account.
- An MDM solution (optional) compatible with the Apple business account will also be required to manage the app distribution. Otherwise, it can also be done through Apple Business Manager’s code redemption feature. (learn more)
- Similarly, in the case of android, an MDM solution like Google Enterprise and Google EMM will also be required to distribute.
- In the case of a private android app, a Google developer accounts’ organization ID and name will be required to publish branded apps (learn more).
- The link to the Simpplr Home page in your production instance.
- The link to the Salesforce Home tab in the your production instance in Salesforce classic.
- One logo/icon in PNG format. Dimensions: 1024x1024 pixels (shouldn’t be transparent). It will be used as an application icon for the home screen/ app drawer of the mobile device.
- A 256x256 pixels transparent icon with logo/artwork in white to be used as an icon in the notification bar on Android. (Only needed for Android app).
Splash and other screens (optional)
- One image logo/art-work (non-transparent) in PNG format with dimensions 2732x2732 pixels centered with the center square dimension 1000x1000 px. This image will be used as a Splash Screen, used at a time of app launch.
- One image in PNG format dimension 1024x1024 pixels to be used on the wait screen. This image is used to create an animated wait screen while page loads. If provided, same can be created from the Android App icon.
- One 16x16 pixels square image to be used as an app icon. If not provide this, can be created from the iOS App icon.
- Home page screenshot of their web intranet.
Your desired theme color code for branding, it is used to display the base colors in the application.
We require your web environment’s home dashboard screenshot. We use them to create the Android app listing on play store.
Once all the details are received, the Simpplr Dev and QA team require 4-6 weeks to build, test, and upload the app.
To test the mobile application, Simpplr will need:
An active user in your Salesforce instance with Simpplr license and permission setsassigned to it. Please create a standard user using the email address -
If you are using a SSO and want the application to support the SSO, please create anaccount with the email address - email@example.com. This account should be mapped to the user created in the previous steps.
Note:Without the last two, we will not be able to test the login workflow for your org.
- In case of iOS, you can distribute the app to users through Apple’s business manager code redemption feature or can connect and distribute with other external MDM (learn more).
- In the case of Android, you can keep the app public and let users download the app from play store directly or in case of the private app, user can choose to distribute through Google Enterprise (EMM) or with any MDM.