Manage Sites can be found in the user menu.
You can view and edit all Sites and their statuses on this page.
You can filter Sites by “Public”, “Private”, “Unlisted”, “Deactivated”, "All".The default filter is “Active”.
- All - All Sites, including Active and Deactivated Sites.
- Active - Active Sites.
- Public - Sites that can be accessed and followed by everyone in the organization. Public Sites are visible in the “All Sites” index.
- Private - Only Site members and System Admins have access to Private Sites. Users need to request approval to join Private Sites. Private Sites are visible in the “All Sites” index.
- Unlisted - These Sites are only visible and accessible by Site members and employees with Unlisted Site Administrator permission. Unlisted Sites do not appear in the “All Sites” index. Public or Private Sites cannot be converted to Unlisted Sites.
- Deactivated - Sites that have been deactivated by the Site owner.
From the drop-down “Options” menu, you can-
- Click “View”, navigated to Site
- Click “Edit”, navigated to “Manage Sites’ page
- Update the Site Category
- Change whether a Site is Public, Private or Unlisted (Make Public/Make Private)
- Revert to Chatter group
- Deactivate or activate a Site
You can also click on the "Add Site" button to add a new Site from this page.
You can create categories for different types of Sites. For example, if you have a payroll Site and a benefit Site since they are both HR-related, you can create an “HR” category and assign the Sites to this category. Once the HR category is created, Users can select “HR” in the Site index page to find all HR related Sites.
To create a Site category, click on “Add Category” and enter the category name. You are now given the option to select who can add Sites to the new category. Select “Anyone can add Sites to this category” to allow all Users to add Sites, or “Only App Managers can add Sites to this category” to allow only App Managers.
Once you have created all the categories, you can assign existing Sites to the appropriate category by clicking on the “Options” dropdown menu in the “Sites” page, click “Update Category” next to the Site. Then assign the category.
To assign multiple Sites to the same category, check the boxes under “Options”, click the “Bulk Action” dropdown, select “Update Category” and click “Apply”. Select the appropriate category, then click “Save”.