Update remote site settings
Before your account can be integrated, the system admin has to update the remote site settings in Salesforce. To do so, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Salesforce > Setup > Installed Packages > Simpplr > Post Install Instructions. Click view.
2. Scroll down until you see Microsoft Integration. Press Click here for each listed URL for Microsoft Integrations. Your remote site settings for OneDrive have been updated.
Enable OneDrive on your app
To link OneDrive folders to a Simpplr Site, OneDrive must be integrated with Simpplr. To integrate OneDrive, follow the steps below:
1. In Simpplr, go to Manage> Manage application > Integrations > File Management.
2. Check the OneDrive box.
3. Click Save. OneDrive is now integrated with your app.
Connect Global Admin account
All users will need to connect their Simpplr account to OneDrive account in to see other users' OneDrive files in Simpplr. The first person who connects to the One Drive account should be the Office 365 Global Admin.
1. Click on your avatar at the upper right-hand corner, go to "Profile & Settings".
2. Click "Edit Profile & Settings".
3. Go to "External apps"
4. Click "Connect account" next to "OneDrive"
5. Login to your Global Admin account. You should see a screen like this:
6. Check the box next to "Consent on behalf of your organization" and click "Accept".
Enable OneDrive for a user
To access OneDrive files, it has to be enabled on a user’s account also. To enable OneDrive for a user, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > External Apps.
2. Next to OneDrive, click Connect and enter your credentials. Click Allow to give Simpplr access to your OneDrive account. OneDrive is now activated for your user account.
Select OneDrive folders as site storage
To link OneDrive folders to a Site where OneDrive has been integrated, you must select OneDrive as the Site’s file storage. To do so, follow the steps below:
Note: Only a Site Owner can adjust file storage for a Site. If you can’t see the below options, you may not be the Site Owner.
- In your Simpplr Site, go to Manage Site > Setup > External Files.
2. In the dropdown, select OneDrive. You can only select one storage option per Site.
Link OneDrive folders to site
Once OneDrive has been selected as file storage for a site, a folder named OneDrive Files will be automatically created in the Files tab. To add more folders to your site, follow the steps below:
Note: Only a Site Owner can link folders to a site, as long as they’re connected to OneDrive and the site is connected to OneDrive. A maximum of 15 OneDrive folders can be linked to a site. If you can’t see the below options, you may not be the Site Owner.
1. In your Simpplr site, go to Files.
2. Click on the OneDrive files folder.
3. Click Link OneDrive Folder.
- Select My folders or Shared folders to link to the Simpplr site. The selected folders will now be linked to the Simpplr site.
Note: You can also unlink folders. Any folders unlinked are removed from the site root folder. The permissions for the folder are removed from the site group.
Searching for OneDrive files in Simpplr
Like with other file storage integrations, you can use Global search to find linked OneDrive files.
However, due to limitations in Microsoft’s APIs, using global search for OneDrive files in Simpplr works differently than other non-Microsoft integrations:
- Searching for a OneDrive file will return not only the file you searched for, but all files that are saved in the same OneDrive folder, regardless of whether those files have been linked to the site. This excludes files that you don’t have access to in OneDrive.
- Currently, you can only search through OneDrive folders that are connected to Simpplr.
- When searching for OneDrive files in the files tab of a site, do not use the search for site files bar. You must manually click into the folder containing the file you need.
Using OneDrive files and folders
To view the files linked to your Simpplr site, go to Files.
In Files, you’ll see your site’s folders. Click a folder to view its files. The OneDrive folders you've linked will also be listed here.
Add files to content
You can use the File Manager to add OneDrive files to your content.
- OneDrive files can be added to Content if the Site is connected to OneDrive and the user is connected to OneDrive.
- Sites which have linked OneDrive folders will be shown in the File Manager listing.
Add files to feed posts
Via File Manager, any OneDrive files accessible to the user can be added to Feed Posts from within the linked folder. When attaching a OneDrive file in Feed (including Home Feed), the search results will be returned from the linked folders only on the basis of Access Management configuration, and will include all OneDrive files that are linked in Simpplr.
Under the site search bar, you’ll see the option to drop in files or Select from your computer. Here, you can drop files you’d like to upload to the site.
If you click Select from your computer, you’ll be prompted to search your computer for the file you want, and click Open to upload.
Under Options, each file has a dropdown. Here you can interact with the file in several different ways, like downloading the file, sharing it, or (if applicable) viewing the file in its linked storage account.
The available file options are Like, Favorite, Share, and Download.
File details screen
Clicking on a file in a post or in the Files tab of your site will bring you to the File Details screen.
This screen gives you many of the same options as the Options dropdown in the Files tab. You can:
- Like the file
- Favorite it
- Share it
- You can share files with public and private sites. If you share a file to a private site, it will only be shared to the feed of that private site. If you share it with a public site, you’ll have three sharing options:
- A user
- Another site
- (if applicable) view the file in its linked storage account
- Version history
- Download it
Note: The share option in the file options menu and file details page will be hidden if feed mode is not set to Timeline, comments on content and feed posts. Also, if you are no longer allowed access to a file in the OneDrive, you’ll get a 404 when clicking on a file and routing to File Details.
Search for files
You can search for files using the search bar in the top left. Search results will include files contained in pages, files uploaded to a Simpplr site, and files linked to a Simpplr site from file storage. Please note, for OneDrive, only curated search is supported.
Files in your feed
You can open and download files directly from pages in your feed, if the page has a file attached. If OneDrive is integrated on the app level, you’ll need to make sure that it's connected to your account before you can access the file.
You’ll get results from all sites you have access to and can upload those files.
You can attach files from any file storage account integrated with your org.
Adding files to content
You can add files to pages, events, albums, and blogs.
When searching for files or attachments to add, your search results will include content you have access to.
Changing site ownership
If a site’s owner or manager leaves your company, the site’s files will be unchanged. Ownership of the files in the file storage account will need to be given to another user (by the site owner or admin), as long as that user is connected to the same storage account. The new site owner will be given the root folder in their storage account, including the sub-folders contained in the root folder. If the new owner isn’t connected to the same file storage software, the original owner will receive a warning. They must choose another user, or the new designated owner must connect their account to the file storage software.