Update remote site settings
Before your account can be integrated, the system admin has to update the remote site settings in Salesforce. To do so, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Salesforce > Setup > Installed Packages > Simpplr > Post Install Instructions. Click view.
2. Scroll down until you see Box. Press Click here for each listed URL for Box. Your remote site settings have been updated.
Enable Box on your app
To link Box folders to a Simpplr site, Box must be integrated with Simpplr. To integrate Box, follow the steps below:
1. In Simpplr, go to Manage> Manage application > Integrations > File Management.
- Check Box.
3. You’ll see the option to login to Box. Enter your credentials.
4. After signing in, click Grant access to Box.
- Click Save. Box is now connected to your app.
Updates to your service account
Application root folder
When Box has been enabled on your app, an application root folder will automatically be created in Box’s service account.
- The folder’s name is [*app name*] root.
- The folder will only be accessible through Box’s service account.
- The folder is used to define search parameters when searching for Box files and folders that are linked to Simpplr.
When Box has been enabled on your app, an all-company group will automatically be created in Box’s service account.
- Like the root folder, this is also used to define search parameters when searching for Box files and folders that are linked to Simpplr.
- When users are connected to Box, they’re automatically added to the all-company group, and can access Box files and folders that have been linked or added to public sites.
- To access the Box files and folders that have been linked or added to private sites, the user must be a member of the private site and must be a member of the all-company group.
Enable Box for a user
To access Box files, it has to be enabled on a user’s account. To enable Box for a user, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > External Apps.
2. Next toBox, click connect account and enter your credentials. Click Allow to give Simpplr access to your Box account.
Select Box folders as site storage
To link Box folders to a Site where Box has been integrated, you must select Box as the Site’s file storage. To do so, follow the steps below:
Note: Only a Site Owner can adjust file storage for a Site. If you can’t see the below options, you may not be the Site Owner.
1. In your Simpplr Site, go to Manage Site > Setup > External Files.
2. In the dropdown, select Box. You can only select one storage option per Site.
Link Box folders to site
Once Box has been selected as file storage for a site, a folder named Box Files will be automatically created in the Files tab. To add more folders to your site, follow the steps below:
Note: All site owners and managers can link folders to a site, as long as they’re connected to Box and the site is connected to Box.
1. In your Simpplr site, go to Files.
2. Click on the Box files folder.
3. Click Link Box Folder. If you can’t see this option, you may need to create a new Box folder first.
Note: You can also Create New Box Folder. Doing so will create a new folder directly in Box. If you create a new folder inside another folder, the permissions will be inherited from the parent folder.
4. Select the folder you wish to link to the Simpplr site.
5. The folder is now linked to the Simpplr site. You can view the folder in Manage Site > Files.
Note: You can also unlink folders. Any folders unlinked are removed from the site root folder. The permissions for the folder are removed from the site group.
Enable Simpplr for Box
To ensure Simpplr is available for Box, go to Box Admin > Apps and do the following:
- Uncheck the Feature Apps filter.
- Search for Simpplr for Box.
If Simpplr for Box is set to Disabled, set to Available.
Using Box files and folders
To view the files linked to your Simpplr site, go to Files.
In Files, you’ll see your site’s folders. Click a folder to view its files. The Box folders you've linked will also be listed here.
Add files to content
You can use the File Manager to add Box files to your content. Files will be returned from linked folders.
- Box files can be added to Content if the Site is connected to Box and the user is connected to Box
- Sites which have linked Box folders will be shown in the File Manager listing.
Add files to feed posts
Via File Manager, any Box files accessible to the user can be added to Feed Posts from within the linked folder. When attaching a Box file in Feed (including Home Feed), the search results will be returned from the linked folders only on the basis of Access Management configuration, and will include all Box files that are linked in Simpplr.
You can remove attached files by going to the Content Details screen and clicking the X next to the file.
Under the site search bar, you’ll see the option to drop in files or Select from your computer. Here, you can drop files you’d like to upload to the site.
If you click Select from your computer, you’ll be prompted to search your computer for the file you want, and click Open to upload.
Under Options, each file has a dropdown. Here you can interact with the file in several different ways, like downloading the file, sharing it, or (if applicable) viewing the file in its linked storage account.
Note: If you click New version, it’s strongly recommended that you keep the same file type for the new version of the file. Changing the file type in a new version may alter the look and formatting of the file.
You can also move files between linked folders.
File details screen
Clicking on a file in a post or in the Files tab of your site will bring you to the File Details screen.
This screen gives you many of the same options as the Options dropdown in the Files tab. You can:
- Like the file
- Favorite it
- Share it
- You can share files with public and private sites. If you share a file to a private site, it will only be shared to the feed of that private site. If you share it with a public site, you’ll have three sharing options:
- A user
- Another site
- (if applicable) view the file in its linked storage account
- Version history
- Add new version
- Download it
Note: The share option in the file options menu and file details page will be hidden if feed mode is not set to Timeline, comments on content and feed posts. Also, if you are no longer allowed access to a file in the Box, you’ll get a 404 when clicking on a file and routing to File Details.
Search for files
You can search for files using the search bar in the top left. Search results will include files contained in pages, files uploaded to a Simpplr site, and files linked to a Simpplr site from file storage.
Files in your feed
You can open and download files directly from pages in your feed, if the page has a file attached. If Box is integrated on the app level, you’ll need to make sure that it's connected to your account before you can access the file.
You’ll get results from all sites you have access to and can upload those files.
You can attach files from any file storage account integrated with your org.
Adding files to content
You can add files to pages, events, albums, and blogs.
When searching for files or attachments to add, your search results will include content you have access to.
Changing site ownership
If a site’s owner or manager leaves your company, the site’s files will be unchanged. Ownership of the files in the file storage account will need to be given to another user (by the site owner or admin), as long as that user is connected to the same storage account (like Google Drive). The new site owner will be given the root folder in their storage account, including the sub-folders contained in the root folder. If the new owner isn’t connected to the same file storage software, the original owner will receive a warning. They must choose another user, or the new designated owner must connect their account to the file storage software.