Pages are pieces of content that populate your users' home and site feeds. They can contain multimedia information, including (but not limited to) files and images. Pages are the most common form of communication on sites and throughout the greater intranet. Using our proprietary algorithm, Simpplr estimates the time it takes to read a piece of content. Read time (e.g. 2 minutes) is visible just below the content author's name. Note that 'time to read' is only compatible with content posted after the feature was released. Legacy content posted before time to read was released will not reflect the feature.
page as seen in the site feed
opening the page, with 'time to read' shown
Add a page
To add a Page, click on the + icon next to the notification bell in the top right, select Page as the content type, and click Add.
opening the page
Page creation flow
- Add a title to your page. Make sure this is something that gives a good idea of what to expect in the page. It should contain searchable keywords for your users to easily find.
- Upload a cover image. The recommended image size is 1088 x 612 px (and a minimum of 664 x 373.5 px).
- Crop it appropriately for the cover (widescreen) and thumbnail (square), then click Add.
- Select one of the cover image layout options. The layout allows you to choose different sizes of the cover image to show up on the page. Click on each layout to see a preview of what the layout will look like.
- Type your content in the Add content... field. You can also carry over content from a document in another location if needed. the formatting will automatically carry over. Note your WYSIWYG editor contains a number of options to help format your content.
- Add files, which can be from local drive, your intranet, or a file storage integration such as SharePoint or Google MyDrive. Files will appear as attachments below the page content
- Select the content type. Knowledge content is ever-green content that should always be up to date. When you select Knowledge, your page will go into our Auto-Governance engine and will prompt you to review and validate at a cadence set by your Intranet manager.News is for content that will naturally become out of date. Best practice is to schedule a time to unpublish the page.
- Select a page category. You can click on the dropdown arrow to see all the categories that are already created. You can also create a new category by entering a category name.
- Add relevant topics to make your page easily searchable and to connect your content across the intranet.
- Choose to publish immediately or from a specific date. Select how long you would like to publish the page. You can select Indefinitely, which will leave the page active until manually Unpublished, or to publish for 3 months, 6 months or until a specified date.
- Choose whether or not to maximize content width. Enable this feature if you need to use a wider width for your page. The maximum width is 1088px.
- Add a summary. The summary appears below the title on the pages tab.
- Check/uncheck Allow feed posts. Allowing feed posts will add a feed at the bottom of the page for users to add comments.
- Click Publish. If you are the Site manager/owner or a Content manager, your page will appear right away. If you are not the Site manager/owner or Content manager, you will be notified of the approval status once the Site manager reviews and approves the content.
You can also click Save draft and continue to work on the draft later.