What is a page?
Pages are pieces of content that populate your users' home and site feeds. They can contain multimedia information, including (but not limited to) files and images.
page as seen in the site feed
opening the page
Add a page
To add a Page, click on the + icon next to the notification bell in the top right, select Page as the content type, and click Add.
Page creation flow
1. Add a title to your page.
2. Upload a Cover Image. The recommended image size is 1088 x 612 px (and a minimum of 664 x 373.5 px).
- Crop it appropriately for the Cover & Carousel and click Next
- Crop it appropriately for thumbnail and click Save
- Select one of the Cover image layout options. The layout allows you to choose different sizes of the cover image to show up on the Page. Click on each layout to see a preview of what the layout will look like.
3. Enter Page Content. You can type your Content in the Your Page Content here field.
- If you want to enter HTML code, click on the first icon </> to access the HTML editor.
- You can choose from a range of text editing options:-
- Paragraph styles
- Callout and quote boxes
- Bold text
- Underlined text
- Struck through text
- Bulleted lists
- Numbered lists
- Text alignment
- Horizontal lines
- Text/ text background colors
- You can insert images from local drive, Intranet, or by URL.
- You can insert videos by URL or with an embedded code.
- You can insert emojis.
4. Add Files, which can be from local drive, Intranet, Box or Google Drive. Files will appear as attachments below the Page Content.
5. Select Content type. Some example content types are News and Knowledge.
6. Select a Page category. You can click on the drop-down arrow to see all the categories that are already created. You can also create a new category by entering a category name.
7. Add relevant Topics to make your Page easily searchable.
8. Select to Publish immediately or from a specific date.
9. Select how long you would like to publish the Page. You can select Indefinitely, which will leave the Page active until manually Unpublished, or to publish for 3 months, 6 months or until a specified date.
10. Maximize Content width. Enable this feature if you need to use a wider width for your Page. The maximum width is 1088px.
11. Add a Summary. The summary appears below the title on the Pages tab.
12. Check/uncheck Allow Feed Posts. Allowing Feed posts will add a Feed at the bottom of the page for users to add comments.
- Click Create. If you are the Site manager, your Page will appear right away. If you are not the Site manager or Site owner, you will be notified of the approval status once the Site Manager reviews and approves the Content.
You can also click Save Draft and continue to work on the draft later
Rearrange Page order
If you have more than one Page category, all of your pages are displayed within their own category when users click on the Pages tab. The top three Pages are displayed within each category. Users can click on the Page category name or click View All to see all of the Pages in that category.
To rearrange the Page order, click on the category name to go into a category, then you can drag and drop the Pages to the position you prefer, or use the Move to Top/Move to Bottom option to rearrange your Pages within the category.
If all of the Pages are in the same category or if you just have one category, you will see all the Pages display in a single column under All Categories. If you want to rearrange the order of the Pages, click on “All Categories” and then you can drag and drop to rearrange the order of the Pages.