The External Apps tab allows you to manage connections between Simpplr and external apps. Go to Manage Site > External Apps.
If your App Manager has integrated with Slack, you can click Enable to connect your Site to Slack. After selecting the Slack channel, click Save.
You can select whether to send only Feed posts or send both Feed posts and replies to Slack.
Once connected, when you make a post in your Site Feed, the post will also appear in the selected Slack channel.
If your App Manager has integrated with Microsoft Teams, you'll see an option to connect.
Prior to doing this, you'll need to create a Webhook in Microsoft Teams.
Create a Webhook in Microsoft Teams
- Click on the more options icon next to a channel.
- Select Connectors.
- In the Connectors modal, Search for ‘Incoming Webhook’ select Configure.
- Enter a meaningful name for the Webhook and an image, then click Create.
- A URL is then generated below the image which can be used to communicate with the selected channel.
- Copy the URL to Clipboard.
- The Webhook will start in this format:
- No authentication is required to post to the channel.
You can then connect to Microsoft Teams by entering the Webhook and clicking Enable.
You also have the option to select whether to allow to Only send Feed Posts or Send Feed Posts and Replies.