Table of Contents
- App Launchpad for Segments: Hotaka gives app managers the ability to leverage segment managers' knowledge of their business needs, allowing them to give segment managers the ability to customize launchpad apps and links for users in their segment.
- Listener Suite: Sentiment Checks: As part of the Listener Suite launching in Hotaka for EAP customers, sentiment checks can be added to important announcements (e.g. M&A, reorg, or policy changes). Users can tell the company how they feel about an announcement, and why they feel that way. Responses are anonymous.
- Premier Newsletter: For EAP customers, Hotaka allows for the creation of more engaging newsletters, and offers insightful analytics for improving newsletter engagement. To enable this, we've introduced a new video smart block, categories to group newsletters and analytics, and a new 'session heartbeat' analytic.
- Confluence Enhancements: Based on customer feedback, we’ve added several enhancements to our Confluence integration. It will now include: (i) the option to remove hidden filters in the query, (ii) the capability for app managers to toggle the VPN warning message, and (iii) a more user-friendly input for the site URL.
- Analytics Enhancements: In Hotaka, we're focusing on bringing more relevant and insightful metrics that are easily discoverable for all users of the platform. As we continue to enhance our analytics offerings, we want to ensure our dashboards can load all relevant information quickly and consistently. In Hotaka, we're bolstering our data infrastructure to serve them up faster than ever. Customers can now download CSVs with over 10,000 records across the platform.
- Content Recommendations: For early adopter customers this release, we're expanding the scope of Content Recommendation to cover all types of content (album, blog, event, and video), rather than just pages. We're also using the new Content Recommendation engine in Feed and Tiles. A good recommendation system can help increase the adoption and engagement of the intranet.
- Google Provisioning & Syncing Enhancements: Our current Google integration for user syncing and provisioning supports pulling standard address fields in Google into address fields in Simpplr. However, due to the way Google designs its systems, this only works if you load up your standard address fields in Google via API. For those who don't do so, we're now allowing you to use custom fields in Google to provide address info to Simpplr during user provisioning and/or syncing.
- Google Shared Drive Integration: In this release, organizations will be able to integrate Google Shared Drive on top of our My Drive integration, promoting more knowledge sharing and collaboration. This Google Drive extension will allow app managers to pick and choose which Google Drive components (My Drive and/or Shared Drive) they want to enable on the app level. Once enabled, Shared Drive content will be discoverable in Global Search, and site managers can link a Shared Drive to a site.
- SharePoint Multi-instance Support: In our efforts to make Simpplr a premier resource in knowledge management, we're improving our SharePoint integration to support multiple instances. This means that organizations with multiple SharePoint instances will be able to enjoy a seamless experience linking and browsing SharePoint files in Simpplr.
- Leadercast: With Gorgonio, we're extending the ability to share video content within Simpplr Video by making it easy for users to record, upload, and share videos across the intranet. Users can now record videos from their mobile device or laptop, and with a simple click, deliver authentic video messages with impact and clarity across the organization.
- Branded Mobile App Distribution: We've simplified the process of distributing branded apps through Apple Business Manager and reduced dependency on MDMs to help organizations increase mobile app adoption and engagement. Users can now request download links to the branded app directly in their intranet. An SMS or email or will be sent to the user containing both the app download link and redemption code.
- Duplicate Site: With Gorgonio, site and app managers can create a duplicate of an existing site with just a few clicks, saving time while standardizing site templates across the intranet.
- Search Enhancements: Gorgonio improves ‘Did you mean’ suggestions when using search to help you find what you need faster. To improve Smart Search, we’ve also expanded global search to sift content through, tiles, integrated company apps, and links
- ServiceNow Enhancements: Gorgonio brings a host of improvements to our ServiceNow integration. We're providing more granular control for app managers to configure their integration. They can now choose to connect only the ServiceNow knowledge base or ticketing functions and have the ability to set custom ticketing and knowledge base domains, directing users to specific ServiceNow UIs like Service Portal.
- Simpplr API Portal: Want to see in-depth documentation on Simpplr APIs? Check out our new API portal.
- Confluence Integration: With Fuji, users can leverage Simpplr as a hub for their knowledge base content. By integrating Confluence to Simpplr, users can quickly search for Confluence pages and blogs directly in their Simpplr app. App manages can select which Confluence spaces their users have access to search.
- UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro) Integration: With Fuji, we extended our out-of-the-box UKG Pro integration, allowing App managers to sync user data from UKG Pro to Simpplr's people directory. By leveraging this integration, App managers maintain the integrity of their users' profiles within Simpplr, and can ensure these profiles are up-to-date.
- CSV provisioning and syncing: With our new CSV user provisioning and syncing functionality, Simpplr allows for flexible integration with any HRIS system in the market. Simpplr provides a ready-made CSV template for easy data mapping.
- Simpplr Video Enhancements: With Fuji, we introduced automatically generated video captions. These captions help users access and search for video content. We also included a redesign of the search results and video details, as well as improved video analytics.
- Members & Followers Enhancements: We extended the ability for Site owners to control how membership requests should be approved.
User Syncing & Provisioning in Simpplr
Everest allows System admins to provision Google users directly in Simpplr. Additionally, Azure Active Directory now includes an option to map and sync attributes directly with attributes in Simpplr.
Denali adds native video as a premium feature. This add-on provides a secure and reliable platform for video sharing. Videos can be added directly into feeds, posted with comments or attached to content. Videos no longer require third party hosting or sharing links and can all be easily managed within Simpplr. If you’re interested in native video, please reach out to your Simpplr customer success manager.Smart notifications:
Denali improves Simpplr notifications by grouping similar in-app notifications together, reducing noise. With the introduction of browser notifications, and restructuring notification settings to allow on/off enablement for groups, Denali’s improved notifications allow you even greater control over your comms.
Site members and followers:
With the introduction of site followers, Site managers can now send important communications to only a site’s members, or its followers. If a user follows a site, they’ll get general updates and content access. If they become a site member, they’ll get all updates and full content access.
With Cerro, users can enjoy a new sites index page and sites menu for a streamlined navigation experience.
Smart feed enhancements:
We improved smart feed functionality to push more and better personalized content to your users. Cerro introduced three new posts: Must-read posts, Upcoming events posts, and People posts (for posts about people - birthdays, new hires and work anniversaries).
Google Drive integration:
The new and improved Google Drive integration lets users access their Google My Drive files in Simpplr, and the files from linked Google drive folders can be searched directly in Simpplr. Moreover, the new Google Drive file tile is an easier way to access your recent and starred Google Drive files in Simpplr. As an improvement to all file storage integrations, you no longer have to enter the client ID and secret when connecting a file storage account.
Now alerts and must-reads can be broadcasted to users from multiple channels, like emails, SMS and in-app notifications as well. Get important information to your users as quickly as possible by composing alert messages, marking them must-read, and choosing the best channel(s) to reach your users.
With Cerro, App managers can control who is publishing/editing on an authors' behalf, and both author and contributors of a piece of content receive notifications whenever changes are made.
With Cerro, our improved analytics come with a host of new capabilities: admins can now view benchmarks for important metrics and receive recommendations, and find content referral data from Simpplr emails. The overall experience has been improved as well: important metrics have clearer explanations, default range has been adjusted to Last 30 Days, and content views and engagements can now be compared side-by-side. Moreover, analytics tabs have been renamed and reorganized according to user feedback.
Google Calendar integration:
Display Google Calendar in the events on your dashboard.
Simpplr is actively working with an external vendor, and is committed to achieving ADA compliance.
It’s now easier to manage event attendees, get notified for updates, and understand time zone differences.
Governance for expertise has been improved. App managers now can control who can create a new expertise, and a new interface for managing the expertise list has been added. From this interface, App managers can view/search/add/edit/delete expertise.
Site content pages:
Content navigation has been significantly improved with the new content tab, combining pages, albums and events into a single list.
BLANC (May 2020)
Smart feedBetter content discovery. Get personalized, popular content recommendations and updates on latest content.
Site Content managersNew role for better site management and control. Can conduct all content management activities: Add, Edit, Publish, Unpublish, and Approve any content on a site. Can also opt in for notifications and validate knowledge content.
Content collaborationContent managers/Site managers/Site owners/App managers are able to collaborate (view/edit) on content, even on draft stage. Authorship can be updated in draft mode.
Content-LocalizationOn-demand content localization. Translate content to your preferred language or switch back to the original language.
Analytics enhancementsBetter insights on promotion channel effectiveness (content referrals) and user engagement.
Search filtersImproved search with additional filters for Content, People and Intranet Files.
Topic suggestionsTopic additions made easy with our topic recommendations on the content creation page.
ServiceNowSelect and define impact & urgency(Low/Med/High) for your service now tickets. Select category and subcategory as well.
FeedbackDirect channel for users to provide product feedback, ask questions, and opt-in for user experience research.
Enterprise searchAbility to perform one consolidated Enterprise search to search all data sources(e.g. Coveo, Google search etc.)
Public APIsDevelopers can access and utilize Simpplr public APIs now available for Sites, people, pages, blogs etc.
Define, save, and reuse an audience across: Subscriptions, Alerts, Newsletters, Social Campaigns, & Segments.
The feed gets smarter. Get personalized content automatically shown in your feed.
Enable up to 5 new profile custom fields and map them to external user sources. Addition of birthday date for profile completeness (if enabled), optimizing people category settings screens etc.
Stay informed. Receive notifications whenever there is any update on your service now tickets.
Create social campaigns with or without url for your preferred social networks - LinkedIn and Twitter.
On content creation, site selection made easy with our intelligent recommendation engine showing results basis user’s activity and permissions
Auto Governance Engine
Keep your knowledge content always fresh and up-to-date with an industry first feature that automates your content governance and management processes.
Mobile app promotion
Promote your native mobile app across your organization via in-app notification, sms or email and make it easy for employees to download the Simpplr app on their devices.
Enable employees to create, search, and track support tickets and view knowledge base data without leaving Simpplr.
Embed and share Brightcove videos across the organization with our newest video integration.
Quickly and easily move content (Pages, albums and events) between sites that you manage.