This has to be done by the App manager.
To change the name of your intranet:
- From your user profile image, go to Manage > Manage application.
- Under Setup > General, you can specify the name you want to use in Intranet name.
This will change the name globally across the intranet, including what appears in your search bars, browser tabs, emails, etc.
For best practices regarding managing a successful intranet, click here.
You can name your intranet anything you'd like. Many customers crowdsource ideas directly from their employees, or come up with a handful of good names, and let users poll on the best one. Here are just a few of the names our customers have gone with in the past. There's also an intranet name generator you can use if you need some ideas.
- The Hub
- The Loop
- Glovebox (an auto insurance company)
- Digital Workplace
- [Company Name] Connect
- The Stacks
- The Pantry
- Center Court (a sports org)
- ChillZone (a cryogenics org)
- The Terminal (a payment org)
- The Source
- One Source
- The Bridge
- The Fridge
- The Toolbox
- The Lowdown
- The Roadmap
- my[Company Name]
- [Company Name]net
- The Situation
- The Vault
- Over Yonder
- ERIC (Employee Resource Information Center)
- The Ether
- Park Central (city government)
- The Strand (biosciences company)