This has to be done by Site managers or App managers.
For Site managers, to enable or disable users' ability to submit content to a site:
- Click on your user profile image in the upper right hand corner, go to Manage > Manage sites. Note you can also go directly to the site in question and click Manage site.
- Locate the site you want to enable/disable content submissions for. From the next page, click the Setup tab.
- Scroll down until you see Content submission. Then choose Enable or Disable. Once you've made changes, scroll down and click Save.
For App managers, to enable or disable content submissions for all sites throughout the application:
- Click on your user profile image in the upper right hand corner, go to Manage > Manage application.
- Go to the Setup tab, and click Governance. Scroll down until you see Content submissions.
- Check or uncheck the Allow all employees to submit content to sites. By disabling content submissions, only Site managers and App managers can create content for all sites throughout the application. Best practice is to leave this box checked and control content submissions at the individual site level.
By allowing anyone to submit content to sites, Site managers will still need to approve the content before it appears on the site. End users who submit do not have the ability to edit their content once it has been submitted. The content becomes owned by the Site managers at that point.