If you're experiencing a lag in performance (i.e. slow load times, waiting on search results, etc.), you can run the following Lighthouse test and provide it to our Support team via ticket in our Help Center.
Simpplr's performance benchmark is based on “Largest Contentful Paint” via this Lighthouse test, which is < (less than) 7 seconds. Anything under 7 seconds is defined as standard performance for your intranet environment.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Go to your home page or the page you’re having performance issues
- Click on the three ellipses (...) in the top right corner > More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the Dev console on your browser, select the Lighthouse tab.
- Ensure the Settings menu is open (this is the gear icon in the top right). Choose DevTools throttling (advanced) from the drop-down on top left.
- Choose Navigation under Mode.
- Choose Desktop under Device.
- Check Performance under Categories. By default, all options should be checked, but you can uncheck everything except Performance.
- Click Analyze page load.
- The auditing will take 2-3 minutes to complete.
- Click Expand view to show the First Contentful Paint and Largest Contentful Paint. This will be required to show when submitting your ticket. If your Lighthouse result shows Largest Contentful paint is 7 seconds or less, then this is within Simpplr's standard benchmark for page load performance. We recommend not submitting a Support ticket if this is the case. All is working as intended.
- Take a screenshot of the Lighthouse report and provide to Support via your support ticket. It should look similar to this: