If you see Alerts in your user profile menu, it means your App manager has given you the ability to create alerts for your site members.
An alert is an announcement that appears at the top of the app window. It will stay on the top of the screen until the user dismisses it (if allowed) or until a specified date or time.
Clicking Alert will take you to the Alerts page. You can then click to Add Alert.
- Select the site whose members you wish to display the alert to under Display Alert to…. You can display the alert to:
- Everyone in the organization
- Everyone in your segment (if enabled)
- Site members
- Enter the message that you want to be displayed in the alert. Select Make alert message a link if you want users to be able to click on the alert message and go to a specific page or URL.
- Select whether users can dismiss the alert or not under by checking the relevant button.
- If you want to display the alert right away, choose immediately. Otherwise, you can set a date you want the alert to start.
- Finally, select the alert duration, or how long you want the alert to display.
To see a list of expired and scheduled alerts go back to the alerts page by clicking Alerts in the User profile menu. Here you will be able to see the scheduled alerts. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the scheduled alert to edit, display now, or delete the alert.
App managers can update the color of the alert background and text & icon color in Manage > Branding.