What is Simpplr Video?
As a premium feature, Denali adds the capability to easily add videos from any device. Videos will be managed and played directly in Simpplr.
- Add videos to pages, albums, events, and blogs
- Add videos to home or site feeds
- Search for videos
- Simpplr video analytics
- Videos in site folders
Videos can be added to pages, albums, events, and blogs. They can be uploaded to any content post or reply. You can also add a description to your video.
- To upload a video to your content, click the camera icon in the toolbar to add it to the content body, or you can upload the video as an attachment.
- If you'd like to add a video to an album while publishing, click select from computer. If the album's already published, click add to album. You can also make videos the cover image of your album.
uploading a video to content body
attaching a video to content
uploading a video to an album
adding a video to an album after it's published
adding a video to a comment
Videos can be added to home or site feeds through posts and replies. You can select and upload multiple videos.
video upload on a feed post
adding a video to a reply
Upload videos in image and video tile
Users can also upload videos from the Image and Video tile in the home dashboard.
adding a video via image & video tile
You can search for videos by title or description. Type your search into the global search bar, and you'll see your video results:
video search results
Simpplr video also comes with app-level analytics on your video content. Analytics include:
- most viewed videos
- least viewed
- total viewers (of all videos)
- total videos played
- total video views (of all videos)
- total watch time (of all videos)
app-level video analytics
Simpplr Video introduces the Site videos folder and several new sub-folders for storing site videos. If Simpplr Video is enabled, your sites have three default folders:
- Content files
- Feed files
- Site videos
1. The Content files folder has three sub-folders:
- Images. Any images added as a cover image, in the content body, or as an attachment will be saved in the content images subfolder.
- Files. Any attached files will be saved to the files subfolder.
- Videos. Only visible if you have Simpplr video enabled. Any videos added to the content body or attached to content will be saved to the videos subfolder.
2. The Feed files folder also has three sub-folders:
- Images. Any images added to the feed will be saved in the images subfolder.
- Files. Any files added to the feed will be saved to the files subfolder.
- Videos. Only visible if you have Simpplr video enabled. Any videos added to the feed will be saved to the videos subfolder. This folder can only contain videos.
3. The Site videos folder is visible after enabling Simpplr Video on your platform.
- Videos uploaded in a site's Files section will be saved in the Site videos folder.
- Videos uploaded in any of a site's custom folders will instead be saved in the Site videos folder.
- Videos can be saved directly in the Site videos folder.
- Users with requisite permissions can create custom folders within the Site videos folder.
site's Files section, where videos can be uploaded directly to site
Adding videos to custom folders
You cannot add videos to custom folders. Adding a video to a custom folder will display a prompt that the video is saved to the Site videos folder instead. Any videos uploaded to a site outside of the site content or site feed will be saved to Site videos folder.
default folders in a site with Simpplr Video enabled