It’s critical for site managers to understand the importance of maintaining their sites. And the best way to do this is to share guidelines that are periodically reviewed once a month or once a quarter.
- Up-to-date Carousel (balance between news and resources)
- Frequently asked questions, resources or quick links should be easily visible
- About the site - Clear description about what team or BU does and what they can find on the site as well as how to communicate with them (slack channel, email).
- Governance Team Tile
- Functional content is content that helps people do their job efficiently and effectively and should appear top of search. To support this, please use topics and a custom summary for this type of content.
- Content is accurate and up-to-date
- High resolution imagery.
- Proofed and spell checked
- Usage of topics and custom summaries for functional content
- If links are used, please double-check to make certain the links are working
- If there is like and/or relevant content, please link to similar content.
- Include events that are public-facing or relevant to all staff
- Don’t include events for targeted users
- Detailed descriptions with images and person to contact for questions
- Files - Link site to file storage OR Create a folder
- Site Manager Site
- People Manager Site
- Training and office hours for current and future site managers